Since a long time I wanted to be able to do my own parts for my robots, so I decided to make my own CNC Machine (Computerized Numerical Control). It is also an advantage compared to online machining because it’s faster, cheaper if you make a lot of parts.
I first checked on internet to get inspiration and ideas, and I came up with this modelisation :
The structure is simple, because I think that more the design is simple, more it will be efficient (for the CNC at least).
The structure is composed of :
- Aluminium profiles from www.technic-achat.com and www.damencnc.com
- Linear guides I bought on eBay with ball bearings for a very cheap price (~160€)
- Aluminium shapes I made on SolidWorks then cut online on BigBlueSaw
- A spindle holder
The electronic is composed of :
- The spindle is a Kress FM 530
- The motors are Nema 17 from eBay
- The motor driver is a Gecko G540
- The power supply (24v , 14.6A) comes also from eBay
I use the following software :