Hi all ! In order to wait for the real one, here are some rendering of the last version.
As you can see the tibias have been modified, same for the air vent of the head and the hood. The hood is now attached to the body with 4 small magnets (instead of screws).
Hi there !
Look at my new air vents !
Banana for scale…
Banana for scale…
(I hope in reality Animabot will look as good as in the renderings…)
Later all 🙂
It has been a long time since the last post… I have been pretty busy with my job but I have not forgotten Animabot 😉
Few weeks ago I received my boards but there were some mistakes I had to correct… some of the tracks were in contact with the ground plane due to bugs in the Gerber generation…
And I also discovered some issues in the design, so I decided to redo the boards ! I should receive them next week 🙂
In the meantime I worked on the head, I have now an encouraging first version, but I’m not convinced of the “webcam hood” so I will do a second “smother” version 😉
But, in any way I figured out how to integrate the servo for the head rotation, and it seems to works pretty well…
Here is the actual state of Animabot :
Head front view
Head right side view
Head left side view
Internal head gear system
I still have work to do : fix everything inside the head, divide the head in 2 parts for the print/assembly, etc…
He doesn’t look so bad… what do you think ?
I started the design on Solidworks of the legs and the body.You can get the servos parts from Hovis and open them in Solidworks.
I made some very accurate plan of the hexapod that I can follow for the design :
This is just the beginning, so the exoskeleton is not yet finished, but this is more or less the future look of Animabot. I have of course to integrate all the electronic parts, and as you can see, there so so much space in that 😉
The hard part is to find a way of fixing the servos on the exoskeleton (I don’t want to use glue or crap fixations) in a way that I can assemble all the hexapod or replace a part in case of damage. I want to be able to assemble/disassemble it with screws (same principle as with a toy or a laptop).
So still a lot of work to do ^^
I am working with Solidworks for several years now, these are some of design I made.
The buggy was made for fun, but the hand was designed during my internship at the University Of Plymouth for a biped robot (Bioloid)