After months of waiting, the first part has been printed 🙂 I started easy to get my hands on the FlashForge, then I will go more and more complex 😉 Actually, I’m printing a universale spool holder, because the Flashforge spools are “proprietary” and I need to use other filament brand.
Head Gear 2
As you can see, I printed one gear of Animabot’s head for testing purposes. Now I know the configuration for PLA, I can continue to print the rest of the part 😉 I’m really getting excited knowing that Animabot will finally “come to life” !
As you know Animabot was in standby for the last few weeks, mainly because my 3D printer was not delivered… this has come to an end ! I decided to cancel the Craftbot order and buy another one ! I should receive the FlashForge Dreamer 3D printer next week, if all goes well 😉
In the mean time, I began slicing the parts to prepare the prints and be ready for D-day 🙂 The dreamer use the Flash Print software with the slic3r engine for G-Code generation. Flash Print is very easy to use and provides many setting options. Oh ! and the best is the printer has 2 heads ! this means I can print parts in PLA or ABS and the supports in PVA (water-soluble filament).
Head – sliced
Head Gears – sliced
Body Front part – stl file
Body Front part – sliced
I also had to adapt a little bit the body and cut it in 3 parts because the build volume of the printer is too small for the whole body… That’s why you see one of the parts of the body on the images above. Anyway, I’m looking forward to finally receive my printer and finally begin to fabricate and assemble Animabot !