After the Lower part, the Upper body was the logical next step. Actually, there was not much to do on this one… I started by installing the insert for the Top Cover, using the same method as before, which went flawlessly…
After the inserts, only the Flexible OLED display was left to install. I placed it first to see how the active area will match the outline of the body,then, I simply added double sided tape on the inner frame and pressed it against. In order to protect it, I added some felt tape and it looks nicer as well 🙂
For the cable, I first wanted to use braided sleeve but it turned out to be too rigid on the connectors and bit tricky to do… so I opted for the automotive solution by wrapping the cable in automotive tape. This looks pretty neat and avoid rattling noise if the cable is moving against the body.
And voila! The result turned out to be much better than I thought, this curved display looks stunning ! I can’t wait to make a proper HMI and menus 🙂
Some sensors values
See you later for the Top Cover assembly !
So I received the Motherboard and started populating it 🙂 All components are not yet soldered because I want to test the board step by step, starting with the MCU and the I2C bus (where all the sensors are connected).
As of now, the following is working:
- Flashing-Debugging the MCU
- Flexible OLED via SPI
- 10DOF IMU via I2C
- Eyes via I2C
- Gesture Module
I still have some trouble with the RTOS and the IMU, after some time the tasks start to be delayed and the IMU is not responding anymore… but that will be for later, I want to finish the Body design and send it for printing first ! the next step is to mount the PSU and the Charger.
But now that I have the Eyes working I started implementing some expressions 😉 not so bad for a first try !
It’s been a while since the last post… mostly because my new job is taking away most of my time…
But also because I had to fix several issues in Anima before mounting the legs and the upper body. First I had to fix the sound problem, curiously the IR sensor was generating noise which was propagated up to the audio amplifier, thus generating audible noise… To fix it I added to capacitors (100nF & 10µF) on the sensor’s power connection. Then I burned the Li-ion charger 😦 so I had to replace some mosfet and add some heatsinks.
Finally after 20 months of design, tests, doubts, bug fix, etc… Animabot is assembled and ready to walk !!!
Stay tuned 😉
Hello ! The assembly of Animabot is going well, I have almost finished 🙂 I’m mostly making cables and cables… Thinking about how I’m gonna put all of them into the body… But anyway, I’m also testing the electronic and everything is also fine up to now: Audio amp and speakers, IR telemeter, fan, Night LED, temperature sensor and power monitor and the ATX Raspi are working !!!
The Rapsi is also much thinner without all these big connectors 🙂 but I have some issues with the WIFI dongle and I need to test the webcam.
So I put all the parts together to see if all goes well, and for now it’s look like this :
Power ON baby !
I like it ! even if the parts are not perfect as I would like, and even if the design is full of errors, it doesn’t look so bad 🙂
More update soon 😉
First video of Animabot ! well it’s not the robot yet, only a bunch of electronic boards and 2 servos, but it’s something 🙂 The servos move accordingly to the STm32F4 tilt.
Hey, It’s been a long time since I posted news on Animabot 😉 I didn’t advanced much on the software but I can now talk to the servos which is a very good news 🙂 I still have to make all the functions to control them correctly (setPosition, getPosition, moveAll, setTorque, getTemp, etc.) but it will be more interesting !
I’m still waiting for my 3D printer… and it begins to annoy me…
Servos are alive !
Servos are alive !
STM32F4 under programming
A small update about the boards, as you can see on the photo below, the boards are connected together and the power is well-distributed in each of them.
I have also set up my software environment using Eclipse and ChibiOS RTOS. I can now working on the STM32 configuration and mid-level implementation for ADC, SPI, LTC2945, Sensors (Temp, IR, accelerometer) etc… The Serial Driver is already working so I can at least use printf for debugging 🙂
As I’m still waiting for my 3D printer, So I concentrate of the software and I will continue the mechanic later.