I finally received my boards \o/ I spent my week soldering them and here is the result:
I prefer this new version to the old one, the top silk is also better. I didn’t performed all the tests yet, but at least the “smoke test” passed !
The next step is to interconnect them and see if everything is alright. Once I will be able to control one servomotor, a big step will have been made.
The next week I think I will have finally finished the 3D design; I will post the finals renderings.
Keep in touch 😉
I spent the last week on the electronic design. I finished all the boards except the one for the Pi. All the schematics and PCBs are made on Altium Designer.
I also received all the components \o/ so now I can check a last time that all the footprints are correct.
The next step is to send the gerber files of the boards for manufacturing. I’m hesitating between 2 manufacturers : OSH Park and Seeed Studio PCB. I think I will go with OSH Park (previously Batch PCB) because they have a better quality even if they are a bit more expensive than Seeed Studio PCB.
Now I have the boards, I can continue the work on the integration of the boards into the robot and the design of the head.
I didn’t advanced much on the Solidworks Design because I need the size and shape of the PCBs I have to integrate…
Animabot will be composed of 5 PCBs in addition to the Raspberry Pi and the STM32 :
- Power Supply Board
- Li-Ion Charger
- STM32 Board Adapter
- Raspberry Pi Board Adapter
I’m using Altium Designer for the Electronic design, I know that it is a complicated software for the boards I have to do, but I am used to it (I used it previously with my first Hexapod and at my school). For the moment I’m spending a lot of time creating the components and footprints I have… so not very funny…
However, I will create the 4 others PCBs in the next few days to be able to put them into Animabot.
Top PCB View
Front IR view
I also put an Infrared sensor on the front of the robot, so he will be able to avoid falling in the stairways or from a table 😉